VMS aligns with the Alameda County Public Health Department (ACPHD) regarding all public health matters.
Following are the recommendations from the ACPHD regarding Covid exposure and positive cases.
Please contact your Program Director if your child tests positive for Covid.
Positive Case: What should I do if my child tests positive for Covid?
• Stay home for at least 5 days.
• Isolation can end after Day 5 if: Symptoms are not present, or are mild and improving; AND you are fever-free for 24 hours (without the use of fever reducing medication).
• If fever is present, continue isolation until fever has resolved for at least 24 hours (without the use of fever-reducing medications). A negative Covid test is not required.
• If other symptoms are not resolving, continue to isolate until symptoms are resolving or until after Day 10.
• Wear a well-fitting mask indoors for a total of 10 days.*
Covid-19 Exposure Recommendations: What should I do if my child is exposed to someone with Covid?
• Test immediately and then again between day 3 and 5.
• Wear a well-fitting mask indoors for 10 days from last exposure.
To protect those in our community who are at high risk, the ACPHD recommends masks in public indoor spaces:
• For 10 days following exposure to someone with Covid.
• For 10 days following positive test or onset of symptoms*
* Masks can be removed before 10 days with 2 consecutive negative tests 24 hours apart.
For complete Covid-19 Guidance, see the Alameda County School Guidance.