I hope this email reaches you in good health and high spirits. I also hope you are enjoying the extra time with family and that our collective contributions as a staff will help you to structure this time and keep some normalcy for the kiddos! For PE I have separated some potential activities into 3 categories: Daily, 3x weekly and then Videos.
These are my suggestions to do daily! All these activities would be great to do as a family, so I encourage you guys to join in if you’d like!
- Walk outside for 30 minutes minimum (consider doing this multiple times, potentially for shorter times if needed)
- Stretch 5 mins for every 60 mins of sitting
- Check for Restrictions in your area and if permissible (and you are comfortable to do so), get outside with a volleyball, basketball, soccer ball or whatever you have and play something!
- Design a schedule with these exercises built into structure/break up the day!
These are suggestions for body weight circuits to do a few times a week (or more!) in order to maintain the strength that we have been creating throughout the year! Your kids should know how to do all these exercises. If they don’t remember, there are YouTube videos to explain all these exercises that you can find just by searching the name! Even the little ones should have no problem doing this circuit at least one time through!
- 8 Pushups
- 10 Leg Raises
- 20 Squats
- 10 Lunges per leg
- 30 second side plank (each side)
- 1 minute front plank
**Do this circuit 3x through if possible! If not, work up to it by doing 1 round and then trying to add rounds each time you do the circuit!
I have included some good video resources that I found for a few different topics. The first video takes you through a bodyweight circuit with timed exercises, if you prefer to work to a video that’s fine! The second link is to a Yoga Channel that I found. It has Yoga for adults, teens and kids. The videos vary in time, intensity and focus so I think there should be something for everyone!
Body Weight Exercise Video
Yoga Channel for Kids, Teens and Adults
Please feel free to reach out to me if you have questions about this or if you want help thinking up other activities to do with your family!